Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Local Pubs / refreshments

Local Pubs / refreshments 5 years 3 months ago #749

• Jesus
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 14
Hi,

I know this is a bit off topic, but I fancy going to a pub on Sunday to watch the Man U v Leicester game and to have a Sunday lunch. Then on to Pride to round off the day with a bit of fishing. (What's not to like?).

Just wondered if anyone with a bit of local knowledge can recommend a pub near Pride where they serve real ale, do a decent Sunday lunch, screen live footie matches and won't mind a non local popping in? Either Sawley or Shardlow or nearby would be great.

Any (constructive) suggestions welcome.
Last Edit: 5 years 3 months ago by Jesus.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Local Pubs / refreshments 5 years 2 months ago #767

• biggy1988
There is a few places in long eaton fella .
Small quite bars if you turn left out of the gate and drive down road over the bridge there are 2 pups that have football on .
I no this is late but for future reference.

Local Pubs / refreshments 5 years 2 months ago #768

• Jesus
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 14
Thanks for taking the time to reply biggy 1988. Much appreciated. They've got to be worth a try.

I'm not so bothered about footie now - I much prefer fishing except for the occasional big match. Good to know for future reference though.

Can anyone recommend a good local pub with real ale and decent food (that's not too expensive) near to Pride? Now the footie season's over I can just concentrate on the bare necessities of life? I'll give the Sawley ones a go in the meantime - all in the name of research of course.
Time to create page: 0.168 seconds