Main menu
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Grimshaws 16

Grimshaws 16 5 years 2 months ago #830

• plumpaul
Hi all I spent a night on Grimshaws a few days ago, just wondering how everyone else is finding it.
Seems to be a lot of fish showering but not much being landed.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Grimshaws 16 5 years 2 months ago #831

• old_school
Same here, 2 of us last Friday night and biteless on 6 rods. Chap jumped in my swim as I was leaving, spoke to him sun afternoon and he too hadn't had a bit.
Suffering with mosquito and horse fly bites around the still waters too, ully gully seems the worst

Grimshaws 16 5 years 2 months ago #832

• Jonnybarbel
  • Thank you received: 6
Alright Paul, I've been catching on recent visits but only done short day sessions. Obviously now it's a high pressured water. I have a few key rules when I fish on there which are:
-Fish as far away from other anglers as possible.
-Don't whack your bivvy pegs in with a mallet these fish are easily spooked nowadays as every man and his dog are after them on a daily basis.
-Don't use the rigs and baits that everyone else is using ie stiff hinge choddys etc.
-No spodding just pva bags will do..
Back to basics generally mate and you'll find the fish or dare I say the fish will find you!!

Grimshaws 16 5 years 2 months ago #833

• billy-bass
  • Thank you received: 6
fishing small baits is a good start. The fish there are not massive, and have really small mouths.

Grimshaws 16 5 years 1 month ago #834

• old_school
Good tips there, esp about bashing in bivvy pegs. I tend to only put up bivvy when I'm certain I'm staying I that peg. Often the wind will change during the session and as I fish mostly midweek I get more choice of pegs to move into. Pva bags work well, I totally agree. You can get a feel around to bottom without committing to lots of explorer casts or piling in the bait. I like to think that a Pva bag sitting there looks to the carp like a stray spod cast. I've prob caught more from grimshaws on pva bags than anything else.
As I type this I'm 3 hours away from a 48 hour blank at linear!!! (Brasenose 2) only seen 2 fish caught in 2 days, really not fishing well at all.
I guess that's why we call it fishing and not catching!
Last Edit: 5 years 1 month ago by old_school.

Grimshaws 16 5 years 1 month ago #835

• Smudgerz
  • Thank you received: 2
Grimshaws used to be a runs water but over the past few years the place is getting over fished!! There is far to many swims hence far to much bait going in. The fish have got wise and will fill their boots in the week on the piles of bait piled in over the weekend. Like the lads have said previously keep your freebies down to a minimum, fish in the week when the pressure is relaxed and try something a little different!! I will do only quick sessions in the week, or do over nighters in the winter. My question would be where are all the big fish seems to be standard catching 12lb and below fish?
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.177 seconds