• Page:

TOPIC: Season Ticket pricing 2022 onwards

Season Ticket pricing 2022 onwards 7 months 5 days ago #1348

• alan
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 81
Concessionary season tickets

For season 2022 - onwards

As a result of a recent review of our future Season Tickets pricing policy we have come to a decision to cease the issue of concessionary season tickets and instead starting in season 2022-23 only the “Standard Ticket” at price £80 and the “Premium Ticket“ at the price of £425.

For the Trent & Mersey Canal the tickets will remain the same at prices £25 for Adults and £5 for Juniors.

The reason for this change is obvious when you consider the demographics of our membership, 30 years ago our membership was 15% concessionary (OAPs & Disabled) and 85% full paying adults. Now it is more like 65% OAP ( Concessionary) and 35% standard Adult ( full payment).
Originally the reasoning for giving OAP and Disabled concessions prices - first introduced in the 1930s Pensioners received extremely low incomes and Disabled persons received virtually zero to compensate for their additional needs. Thankfully now Pensioners & Disabled persons receive adequate incomes. ( always we will say not enough).

Because of the above noted systems employed by many angling clubs they have ceased to exist because the season ticket income did cover the rental of the waters their members used.

For Angling clubs to survive it is necessary to maintain a reasonable income each year to cover all costs, but with the facts as noted above our standard ticket actual income decreases each year even with the recent price increase due to the change in demographic of ticket holders in our club.

We have been advised that many clubs are now allocating and selling season tickets in a similar way and this method will also save our ticket secretary the embarrassing situation where he is having to ask for proof of disability and age and maintain records of a very personal and confidential nature.

Hope all can understand this reasoning and the implementation of this significant change.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Season Ticket pricing 2022 onwards 7 months 4 days ago #1349

• armyfrog
  • Thank you received: 2
I can see why and understand and I would like to say a big thank you for a very fast return of my new season ticket. Only just ordered it and its already here. Looking forward to trying new things and more of the club waters out instead of the same old same old.
If you don't give it a go you will never know

Season Ticket pricing 2022 onwards 7 months 4 days ago #1350

• numpty
  • Thank you received: 4
This makes perfect business sense for the future of the fishery.

I'm sure there will be some that complain, and some that will not renew after 2022, but the prices paid are still value for money for the facilities provided.
There is a waiting list for the premium ticket so I'm sure any places will be filled.

In the summer months on Grimshaws (pre covid) it was getting impossible to get on this lake with many retiree members being on there for long periods.
This is why I welcome the 48hr ruling, and hope it is retained in the future also to allow more members onto the water and an opportunity to catch the stock that have been introduced from Poysers. There was a time when you could get onto Grimshaws for a pleasant evenings angling (4hrs) without the need to sit out for longer, and catch plenty.

Season Ticket pricing 2022 onwards 7 months 4 days ago #1351

• Bren
How many members are there for this season?

Season Ticket pricing 2022 onwards 7 months 4 days ago #1352

• numpty
  • Thank you received: 4
Ticket renewal only opened for 10 days ago, renewal until June 30th. Won't be till after this date, that the number will be known.
If you mean for the waiting list for premium ticket for this year, still need renewals to be completed, but maybe Ian can help on current numbers in the hat.
Last Edit: 7 months 3 days ago by numpty.

Season Ticket pricing 2022 onwards 4 months 1 week ago #1369

• 3_wheels
  • Thank you received: 1
Speaking as a disabled fisherman, 1) I've always paid full price anywhere else, it's the personal assistant /carer that gets the concession or free pass. 2) I am a wheelchair user and have restricted mobility that means there are about 4 places I can fish, 2 of those places are on the Trent, Poysers Pond, I've never got to fish as someone else has got there first, Ully Gully, I can access but cannot get back out without help. My wheelchair cannot get over the bump under the gate. 3) Being retired as well, I've never fished the weekends as I feel the working members should get first refusal. Having said all that, I do enjoy going and if I can't get a spot I still enjoy sitting by the river.
The following user(s) said Thank You: armyfrog
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.437 seconds