Main menu
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Re-stock

Re-stock 3 years 5 months ago #969

• slingyahook
Are there any plans to re-stock Redhouse.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re-stock 3 years 5 months ago #970

• Lachojski
  • Thank you received: 11
Don’t see why pride should re stock it as they will do it and the partnowners members will benefit.

Re-stock 3 years 4 months ago #981

• slingyahook
Lachojski wrote:
Don’t see why pride should re stock it as they will do it and the partnowners members will benefit.

Looks like plans have already been made.

www.prideofderby.co.uk/news/50-redhouse-lake

Re-stock 2 years 9 months ago #1035

• OliverQueen
  • Thank you received: 1
I would concentrate on an otter fence before any restocking else the fish could end up in the river system or in an Otter's gut..... Also the source of fish should be looked at first as anything other than through & through multiple generation UK bred fish which have not been inoculated with the waste of space KV3 vaccine, it could cause anglers to not rejoin. VS or Priory fish are through & through UK bred fish from long established brood stock that may not be super fast growers, but will live a lot longer and look extremely nice for the camera (especially the Mirrors).
Hopefully not have to spend another 5 years on a remote island.....

Re-stock 2 years 9 months ago #1039

• Lachojski
  • Thank you received: 11
Redhouse is joint owned so don’t just put it into pride of derby to sort it.normte how the rest of the complex is fenced.

Re-stock 2 years 9 months ago #1041

• OliverQueen
  • Thank you received: 1
Not putting it on PoD's hands only at all. Far from it. I was passing observations that I would do myself to any lake I owned/leased before spending money on new stock fish. Obviously it would need to be a joint venture for any work unless PoD managed to get the whole lake to themselves (which by looking at what work gets done, it would benefit everyone IMHO if PoD had exclusive ownership of the lake to keep it as a fishery beings so close to the river system). Otter fencing can be cheaply obtained through Embryo & as the south side of the lake is already fenced properly (apart from the obvious areas where the lip of the fence base is exposed) & even if Railway & PoD combined the cost for Embryo to do this, it would benefit BOTH clubs long term. If any stocking of Redhouse was carried out before a fence was fully enclosing the lake, then may as well just throw the cash in the field and hope for the best.
Hopefully not have to spend another 5 years on a remote island.....
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.388 seconds