Main menu
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: my first time

my first time 6 years 4 months ago #574

• fish4life85
Hi all.
Had my first ever session thursday even fished from half 7pm till around half 10pm as forgot my headtorch so couldn't stay into dark.

With in 5mins of casting out I had this lovely decent chub ( photo doesn't do the size of it any justice).
I didn't get anything after that but for my first time on there I was more than happy.

Also While I was packing up I seen about a 5lb maybe alittle bigger barbel belly up floating down stream which was more than likely caught by someone and just put back without making sure it swam off properly.
Please make sure you rest them for a little while so they can recover from being caught or when putting them back keep hold of them until it has the energy to kick off and swim off its self.

Cheers Mitch
Attachments:
The administrator has disabled public write access.

my first time 6 years 4 months ago #575

• simonb
  • Thank you received: 2
Well in Mitch on the Chub. Shame about the Barbel but there's no end of numpties out there who don't know what they're doing.
The following user(s) said Thank You: fish4life85

my first time 6 years 4 months ago #576

• Jonnybarbel
  • Thank you received: 6
Nice fish Mitch, I love a good chevin!! looks decent size for this time of year. And well pointed out about the barbel. These fish use all their energy trying to escape capture and there isn't a lot of oxygen in the water this time of year, so as much effort as these anglers put into catching them they should apply when returning them to the water..
The following user(s) said Thank You: fish4life85

my first time 6 years 4 months ago #577

• fish4life85
Cheers Jonnybarbel
Yeah the photo really doesn't do it size any justice... i didn't weight it as it took me by surprise wasn't expecting it that quick so went straight back after a quick photo as I wasn't really set up.

Yeah and people really need to be educated on it.

Did you have anything out the trent when I seen you?

my first time 6 years 4 months ago #578

• fish4life85
Thank you Simonb

Yes theres a few about, hopefully the people that don't know what they are doing will see this post and educate themself for future fishing trips.
If i see it again I will walk the bank till i find the person that is responsible and give them some lessons in fish care.

my first time 6 years 4 months ago #579

• Jonnybarbel
  • Thank you received: 6
Hi Mitch,
Yeah I had a couple of bream about 5-6lb. Not what I was after but a bit of opening day action nonetheless.
Time to create page: 0.193 seconds