Main menu
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Phase One - Fishing again?

Phase One - Fishing again? 1 year 5 months ago #1236

• Jesus
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 14
I suppose someone’s going to ask, so I may as well start the thread off.

I didn’t find the government’s announcement on phase one of loosening the lockdown to be that clear (to put it mildly). However it did seem to suggest that sports can resume from Weds 13 May so long as social distancing is enforced.

The Angling Trust also seem to have issued guidance on how Clubs could re open if they ensure that guidelines are followed: See here

So just wondering what the Club’s plans will be? Needless to say you’ll need to think carefully and put lives and the safety first.

I also am a member of another club (Ashfield Angling) and they are making no announcements until they have sought clarification tomorrow.

Just to say that whatever the Directors decide I will respect the thought that you will undoubtedly put into it. And at the same time - itching to get out there as soon as this can be Safely and considerately be managed.
Last Edit: 1 year 5 months ago by Jesus.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: armyfrog

Phase One - Fishing again? 1 year 5 months ago #1240

• Jesus
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 14
I can see that these questions are being addressed in another post on the forum. So to avoid duplication I’ll follow that one with interest. Good to know you are on the case.
Last Edit: 1 year 5 months ago by Jesus.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carpcatcherfox

Phase One - Fishing again? 1 year 5 months ago #1244

• alan
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 81
Please see all relevant information on opening in the NEWS section of this site

Phase One - Fishing again? 1 year 5 months ago #1254

• OliverQueen
  • Thank you received: 1
Obviously read the News section, but want to fish during the week (as I only do even when not in a pandemic) but my problem is that I don’t want to drive from Leicester to the Complex to find that unable to get a swim where I can manage to get to having problems with mobility (even with a powered barrow). This means either Grimshaws or the road bank of Redhouse - both of which no doubt will be busy as anything at the moment.

Is there any way I can reserve a swim else I will probably have renewed my ticket for nothing as I cannot make plans any more than a couple of days in advance due to the way my disability affects my mobility?

(I asked to be put on the list for the main Pride lake when I joined 3 years ago but no idea if I actually am or not?)
Hopefully not have to spend another 5 years on a remote island.....

Phase One - Fishing again? 1 year 5 months ago #1256

• numpty
  • Thank you received: 4
I believe Alan (admin) answered this question in a thread titled Over Sold in the Suggestions listing 4 years ago.

Don't believe anything has changed.

There is already a disabled angler priority peg on Poysers pond.
I feel that due to the popularity of Grimshaws, and type of longer stay angler it attracts, it would be wrong to have a dedicated disabled peg on Grimshaws.

I do feel that due to that popularity, the 48hr limit on Grimshaws should be maintained, to allow more of the clubs anglers onto it during the summer months.
Last Edit: 1 year 5 months ago by numpty.
Time to create page: 0.411 seconds